Monday, September 8, 2008

My brush with fame

Yesterday, I was meeting with my mentor, Sue, at our local Schlotzsky's deli (which - by the way - is so yummy. Why don't I remember to go there more often??) ... Sue and I are going through the book War of Words by Paul David Tripp. Great book. Highly recommend it. Seriously. Go to your nearest Barnes & Noble and buy it. It will change your life. Another book that will change your life is Forgiveness by John Arnott.

Anyway... before this post becomes one long list of books to add to your reading list ... let me continue ... so, as I'm eating my smoked turkey sandwich on sourdough with a side of salt & vinegar chips, I see him. I had to do a double-take, because, as we all know, people rarely look the same in person as they do on TV. In fact, he looked thinner in real life, and taller than I had imagined, and younger, too. In general, he looked even better than he does on TV, which I happen to think is darn near impossible, since he is so handsome already.

Before you get to assuming who this man is, let me just curb your expectations a little ... it wasn't Michael Vartan or Keith Urban or even Michael Phelps. Although, I can see where you might have thought I was talking about any one of these men, since they would definitely fit the description I gave above. And, certainly if I ran into them in my local Schlotzsky's, it would definitely be a blog-worthy event.

No, I'm talking about a local celebrity. More of a small-town guy. You know, more down-to-earth, right? Yeah, he was meeting some friends for lunch. I literally froze in place as he walked toward us, and sat at the table right next to us. I couldn't concentrate. I had to apologize to Sue a number of times, and then finally went ahead and confessed my long-time crush to her (which, for some reason, made her practically spit out her drink in amusement). I wanted to say hi to him, but could I seriously expect my mouth to form coherent words in this condition?? So, sadly, I just sat there minding my own business while I ate my lunch, and he ate his just 2 feet away, and then he got up and left. I wish I had a better ending to the story ... really, I do.

Well, have you guessed who it is yet? I'll give you a hint ... I watch him on the news every morning as I am working out. I mean, I feel like we are practically best friends with the amount of time we spend "together." That's right, folks ... I'm talking about cutie Brad Franko.

I might be in love.

(Yes, I know I'm a dork.)

2 comments:

Eowyn's Heir said...

yes, Sara, you are indeed... a dork.

Sara said...

oh, believe me ... i know. but, you must know that most of this is an exaggeration of the actual circumstance, right? ;o)