Monday, September 22, 2008

Calvin's Quilt

As promised, here are some pictures of the quilt I just finished for my friend Amy's new baby boy. I made completely out of flannel, since they live in Rhode Island. I figured they could get more use out of a warm blanket than just a thin cotton one that I would typically make for friends who live in the Lowcountry.


One side is patchwork, with just simple straight-line quilting about a quarter of an inch from the seams.


The other side is just simple blue flannel, with Calvin's name appliqued on. I am really big on personalized gifts ... can you tell? Some of my favorite gifts growing up were the ones that had my name on them.

I made a similar blanket for Todd & Lisa's new baby, Matthew, but instead of flannels, I used lightweight cotton. I think this could be a good gift for any new parent!

No comments: