Friday, July 25, 2008

Surprise, Surprise ...

I know it won't be a surprise to any of you, but I made my friend Amy a coffee cozy for her birthday! I just think they are so practical and eco-friendly ... not to mention cute! And, just so you don't think I'm a total freak, I promise that I don't give them to non-coffee drinkers!

Anyway ... I tried something new with this one, and I really like the result. I used reproduction fabric (Aunt Grace) ... I am finding that I really LOVE reproduction fabric. There is something comforting about the colors. Anyway ... I combined it with a linen-ish fabric. I couldn't find the raw linen like I was wanting, so I went with a substitute that had the raw look to it. I'm likin' it. The reverse side is the Aunt Grace fabric, so Amy can change it up if she gets tired of everyone knowing what her first initial is.



(Special thanks to my friend, the professional hand-model, Deb, for her help during the photo shoot.)

Also ... just so you don't think I'm a "one hit wonder" ... I do have a ton of other non-coffee-related projects "in the works" that I hope to work on / finish this weekend. I'll post pictures next week if I can get them done. Until then ... have a great weekend!

No comments: