Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Wedding Gift for Kerri

I made this apron & matching hand towels for my friend Kerri who is getting married next month. (yay! She will make a beautiful bride and a fantastic wife!) Her bridal shower was themed "monograms & mimosas" ... fun idea! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend, so I didn't get to partake of the yummy mimosas, but I did send along this gift with a friend anyway. This was my attempt at giving her a gift I thought she would use without picking something off her registry.


I didn't use a pattern for the apron ... just made it up as I went along. The fabric is from a group that I found at Hobby Lobby (We don't have one where I live, but my sister in law and I took a road trip recently and found some fun stuff there!) Anyway ... I like that the apron fabric is fun & young (like Kerri!) without being obnoxious. And did you notice the fun pleated pocket that I added? My sister in law taught me how to do that. Also, I've discovered that I'm a fan of mixing prints within the same project. Normally, I wouldn't have tried it, but I guess I felt like living on the edge. ha!


Also ... I decided that I'm diggin' the big-initial-on-the-handtowel idea. MUCH easier than teeny tiny letters that spell out the days of the week.

No comments: